Summer Bible Series led by Fr Stephen.
Thursday evenings beginning July 25, hosted in four homes from 7 to 8 pm. Please bring your Bible and your questions! Please plan to attend all four sessions if you can.
Please sign up at the church or call the office at 604 987-0432. Space is limited so call today!
July 25 hosted by Eric Bozman
Session 1: What do we mean by “the Word of God?”
- Why do we read the Bible?
- What is the Bible?
- Who wrote it?
- How was it compiled?
- How was it translated?
August 1 hosted by Marylin Watson
Session 2: Is the God of the OT different from the God of the NT?
- Why are the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) important?
- History & Contents
- What is Source theory?
August 8 hosted by Jean Kyle
Session 3: Is Paul really the bad guy people make him out to be?
- What is an Epistle and why do we read them?
- When were they written and who wrote them?
- Who was Paul and why is he so important?
August 15 hosted by the Muirs (with potluck BBQ)
Session 4: Who is Jesus and how do we know about him?
- What is a “Gospel.”
- Why are there four Gospels?
- Comparing the Gospels: what are the similarities and differences?